Sunday, April 29, 2012
R.I.P. Derrick Rose. It was pretty awesome when you were still alive. You made some great dunks and crazy layups where you spun the ball off the backboard and stuff.
I only got to see you alive 3 times in person, but each time was pretty great. In your rookie season, I remember you doing some sort of behind the back to a crossover move during a fast break against Jose Calderon that made me be like, "I think this guy is going to be pretty good."
Another time, I won some tickets on Twitter and got to see you guys blow the T-Wolves out at home and you didn't play much and then I got wicked hammered, but it was still cool to see you do your thing for like 20 minutes.
The greatest memory I have of you in person is when you tied your career high of 42 points at Indy in 2011. Even though the Bulls lost, you made everyone on the Pacers look like idiots for most of the game. You entered the game for Ronnie Brewer at the 8:11 mark in the 4th quarter down 80-95 and proceeded to score the next 19 of our 22 points. It was fucking incredible to watch. Every possession was a pick and roll with like Kurt Thomas probably and you either scored or got fouled. Then you got fouled shooting a 3 near the end of the game and made all your free throws to tie it at 102. Then Danny Granger foolishly tried to shoot a 3 to win it and you blocked him, sending the game into OT. I chanted "M-V-P" up in the nose bleed seats with my friends and I'm pretty sure you heard us and briefly we were friends. Anyways, then you fouled out and we lost.
I will one day tell my kids about how mindbogglingly explosive you were. In 30 years, when there's some new flashy guard in the league that my kid thinks is "the bee's knees", I'll tell him he's an idiot and send him to youtube and make him watch you do some crazy shit. He'll love it. And then we'll bond over you being awesome.
Thanks for helping me bond with my future son, Derrick Rose. I will always love you.
Thursday, April 26, 2012
- "Ah ha ha ha. He had an acceptance speech out there. Oh my goodness." - Scalabrine was trying to get the crowd pumped up with a speech before the game
- " " - C.J. Watson hit the side of the backboard on a wide open corner 3 and somehow Stacey didn't say anything
- "There we go. The Turkish Hammer." - Omer Asik put back. Stacey seems bored tonight. He's not even yelling when he says things.
- "Watch yourself." - Taj Gibson had a pretty nice dunk. Seriously, Stacey is just mailing this one in.
- "Ohh, that's a nice move by the rookie. Jumpin' Jimmy Butler. Goes from one side of the court to the other." - Jimmy Butler reverse layup. Stacey didn't even raise his voice. Someone get this dude a Red Bull.
- "He's not the microwave. He's the easy bake oven." - Stacey's response to Neil Funk's comment about John Lucas III shooting a bunch this game
- "Ohhhh...no soup for you." - Noah with a block
- "Mike JAMES....who, Neil? ... Neil, when I say 'Mike James who?', you say Mike James. ...All right that's what I'm talkin' about. You gotta stay with me there." - Mike James 3 pointer
Most Shot Attempts
With the Bulls' last game of the regular season tonight against the Cavs, I thought I'd take a look at how Chicago's 5 man units performed. This will mostly be per 100 possessions statistics because that shit is so good.
Best NBA Point Differential Lineups
Wednesday, April 25, 2012
- "He was late getting over there, but he was early for that jumper right in his face" - Korver jump shot over Dahntay Jones
- "Elementary, my dear Watson." - C.J. Watson jump shot
- "Get the pistols poppin'. There he is." - Noah made a jump shot
- "Oh, Luol Deng-gerous." - Luol Deng jumper
- "Oh, he's passing out tickets to the Booze Cruise." - Boozer jumper
- "Woahhh, watch yo headdd." - Taj Gibson dunk
Wednesday, April 18, 2012
Unlike every other basketball player I've ever spoken to, Rose does not shy from comparisons to Jordan. "I've run into him a couple of times, but we don't have a relationship," he says. "His titles drive me. I'm not scared of him; if anything, it makes me work harder when I do train."
Mirotic (2011 23rd pick) is the first two time winner of this award. Previous winners include Andrea Bargnani (2006 1st pick), Rudy Fernandez (2007 24th pick), Danilo Gallinari (2008 6th pick), and Ricky Rubio (2009 5th pick).
Mirotic, a 21 year old 6'10 231 lbs. PF, averaged 12.5 points and 4.5 rebounds in 22.6 minutes for Real Madrid this year. He also posted some seriously impressive shooting percentages with splits of 57%/43.9%/91.8%! That looks extremely tasty.
Last year in the U20 tourney, Mirotic took home MVP honors with a line of 27 points, 10 rebounds, 0.8 steals, 1.4 blocks, and 1.8 turnovers in 31.6 minutes while maintaining pretty absurd averages of 63.4%/40%/85.1%. As the bros says, that's a sick line, bro.
Monday, April 16, 2012
- "I tell you what watch your head there, Mr. Seraphin." - Noah dunks on Seraphin
- "Cartier Martin with the...with the lasso on Jimmy Butler." - Martin fouls Butler by dragging him to the floor.
- "*part growl* Ohhhhhhhh....JUMPIN' Jimmy Butler." - Korver alley oop to Butler
- "If there's an MVP for benches, the Bulls bench would be the MVP." - Stacey gushing over the bench mob
- "*part growl* CEEEEJAYYY WATTTSSSSONAHHH" - CJ Watson 3 pointer
- "Ah who's that masked man right there?" - Rip Hamilton long jumper
- "He's got some long fingers. He got those Arsenio Hall fingers." - Chris Singleton gets a finger tip on Rip's jump shot.
Sunday, April 15, 2012
- "Put him in the spin cycle, Neil Funk." - Boozer did his little spin move in the post
- "*part growl* Ohhhh...CeeeJayyy Watttsssoonnnahhh" - CJ hit a pull up 3
- "There it is - heart, hustle, and muscle. Joakim Noah." - Noah tipped the ball twice and got it to go in
- "*part growl* Ohhhh....Riiiippp" - Rip Hamilton 3
- "Derrick Rose just threw Brandon Knight down like a rag doll. ...I mean get in the weight room." - Derrick Rose threw Brandon Knight Down like a rag doll trying to come off a screen on offense.
- "That was *part growl* nasssstaayyyyy" - Jason Maxiell with a nasty put back
- "*part growl* Roonnnnie Brewah. Gave a little look away to Kyle Korver, everybody went to Kyle, opened up like the Red Sea." - Brewer fake pass to Korver and then a dunk
- "I tell you what..." - Stacey King says this before basically any analysis.
- "He's open as soon as he gets off the bus." - Kyle Kover 3 pointer
Friday, April 13, 2012
I decided to make a "All-Awesome Team" because fuck it I'm bored. I'm choosing one player from each of the 2000-2012 teams. The same player cannot be selected twice. Chosen players have to be bad or weird or white or fuck this criteria I'm just going to pick people.
Point Guard - Khalid El-Amin 2000-2001
- Great Name
- He looks like a boxer at the end of a fight in that picture
- 5-10 200 lbs
- He used to be BFFs with Rip Hamilton